The Young Explorers
Young Explorers will be learning by discovering the world around them. The Young Explorers Program has been designed as a hands-on program for children to develop self-esteem, coordination, strong minds and bodies, and socialization skills. Throughout the program we will foster cultural diversification and acceptance of others.
The program will consist of musical and creative movement, creative storytelling, as well as, nature and science exploration. We will challenge the children’s physical abilities and coordination with tumbling, climbing, obstacle courses, and core strengthening skills. We will challenge their imagination by exposing them to puppets, books, flannel board stories, collaborative storytelling, and dramatic play. Your Young Explorer will discover creative music, movement, and expression, while dancing to a variety of genres and instruments.
Nature and science will bring your Young Explorer outdoors under our tepee for socialization. While outside, they can paint on easels, observe the movement of trees, plants, leaves, insects, birds, rocks, and other natural surroundings.
- This program is designed for children ages 2 1/2 to 3 years old to thrive in a small environment consisting of 8-10 children.
- This is a drop off program.
- Children need to be potty trained or in pull ups.
- Parents provide one healthy snack
- Two sessions to choose from: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30. a.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- You can choose three day or five day attendance.
Contact The Learning Garden Day Care Center to sign up now!
141 Tomahawak Street, Route 118
Yorktown Heights, N.Y. 10598